Muhammad Zubair had been receiving threats for a while: Maryam Nawaz

10


PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz on Wednesday said that senior PML-N leader and former Sindh governor Muhammad Zubair had been “receiving threats for a while”. Maryam, in an informal conversation with the media, referred to an objectionable video that allegedly featured Zubair, saying that “the matter is between Zubair and the Almighty and only they know what the reality is”.

Despite all the controversies, “Zubair will remain my spokesperson”, Maryam added.
She did not elaborate any further as to the nature of the threats received by Zubair.
Commenting on former accountability judge Arshad Malik’s video and audio clip that the PML-N vice president had released in 2019 — alleging that Malik was confessing that he convicted Nawaz Sharif of corruption charges under “duress” — she said that she “doesn’t have anyone’s private video”.
“The video of Judge Arshad Malik made by Nasir Butt was a national level matter,” said Maryam.
Moreover, while speaking about the Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Farrukh Habib’s comments on the extension of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman’s tenure, Maryam said that “the constitution doesn’t say anything” about the matter.
“The party would be better positioned to comment on the matter of NAB chairman’s extension,” said Maryam.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here